Recipe by Elisa72
This is a gluten free version of Budgiegirl's 6 Grain Breakfast in the Crock Pot #158624. A hot, delicious and nutritious gluten free breakfast cereal!!
Top Review by teghian
Needs a few grains of salt. I subbed rinsed millet for the quinoa and it was OK. I added raisins. I had to use quite a bit of extra water. I also sprayed the walls of the pot with cooking spray, made cleanup easy.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons buckwheat groats
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown rice
- 4 tablespoons quinoa
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup apple, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine ingredients in crock pot. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir before serving.
- Add more water if needed.