1/1 Photo of Gluten-Free Crescent Rolls
Posting this recipe as a substitute for Crescent Rolls. Being on a gluten-free diet this is one of those things that many people miss. An easy and versatile recipe. I was sent this recipe from a friend but think that it was originally developed by the "Better Batter Flour" people. You can use it as you would regular Crescent Roll Dough. Prep time does not include 2 to 3 hours refrigeration/resting time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 3/4 cup small curd cottage cheese (do not use low-fat) or 3/4 cup ricotta cheese (do not use low-fat)
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (you can use a mix of your favourites)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon gluten free baking powder or 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar & 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence, optional for sweet rolls only
- 1Use an electric mixer or blender to mix together the butter and cottage or ricotta cheese. Mix well.
- 2Add the dry ingredients and mix until a dough ball forms.
- 3Wrap the dough in cling wrap and chill for two to three hours.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- 5Sprinkle all-purpose or rice flour onto your work surface and roll the dough into a 14 inch circle. You may find it esier to roll the dough between two layers of good quality baking paper or cling wrap.
- 6Cut the dough into 8 triangles.
- 7Roll each triangle from the wide end to the tip.Turn the ends to form the crescent shape ).
- 8Place the rolled crescents on a gresed baking sheet and bake for approx 20 to 30 minutes, until golden.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Crescent Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 163.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free baking powder