I made this up tonight, since we can't have wheat in our diet, and I wanted to leave out as much dairy as possible. It tastes exactly like my usual tetrazzini, and has a great creamy texture and great flavor. You probably won't even notice the difference! The liquid measures are a guess, since I didn't get an exact volume. You can sub chicken, too, if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 cups cooked turkey, cut up
- 8 ounces brown rice or 8 ounces regular rice spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons non-hydrogenated margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups rice milk
- 1 1/4 cups no-salt-added chicken broth or 1 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour (garbanzo)
- 1 tablespoon fine rice flour
- 1 teaspoon potato starch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dill
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Cook spaghetti until firm al dente.
- 2Rinse in cold water immediately to remove excess starch (trust me, you need to do this).
- 3Set aside.
- 4Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat.
- 5Saute mushrooms and garlic powder until nicely browned, and place in the bottom of a 3 qt square casserole dish.
- 6Put spaghetti in an even layer over the mushrooms.
- 7Put turkey in a layer over the spaghetti.
- 8Make the sauce:.
- 9Melt margarine over medium heat, and whisk in the flours.
- 10Dissolve the potato starch in either the milk or the broth.
- 11Whisk the milk and broth into the margarine mixture, and bring to a boil.
- 12Stir until thickened.
- 13Pour over all.
- 14Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, until nice and bubbly!
- 15The rice pasta may be a bit mushy, but it still tastes really good. If you undercook the pasta a little bit, it might help.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Creamy Turkey Tetrazzini
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.6
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.4 mg
- Sodium 71.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: