This was something I came up with this morning, because I was tired of nut/seed granola and cold milk. It turned out delicious! For a lower sugar content, try using a packet of stevia in place of the agave nectar. You could also substitute almond milk or even water for the milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter and rice in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for about 30 seconds.
- 2Add milk and stir to mix, then add ground flaxseed and stir to mix for about 30 seconds.
- 3As the mixture begins to heat up, add the dried cranberries, the agave nectar and the fruit spread. Mix well.
- 4Allow the pudding to heat through until the rice and flaxseed have absorbed the milk. The mixture will become thick and creamy.
- 5Remove the pan from heat, scoop pudding into a bowl, and garnish with almonds, pumpkin seed kernels, and plain yogurt to taste.
- 6Feel free to substitute raisins for dried cranberries or other nuts/seeds for the topping. This would also be good with strawberry or blackberry fruit spread.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Creamy Breakfast Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.3
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.5 mg
- Sodium 82.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apricot fruit spread