Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
This was something I came up with this morning, because I was tired of nut/seed granola and cold milk. It turned out delicious! For a lower sugar content, try using a packet of stevia in place of the agave nectar. You could also substitute almond milk or even water for the milk.
- Heat butter and rice in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add milk and stir to mix, then add ground flaxseed and stir to mix for about 30 seconds.
- As the mixture begins to heat up, add the dried cranberries, the agave nectar and the fruit spread. Mix well.
- Allow the pudding to heat through until the rice and flaxseed have absorbed the milk. The mixture will become thick and creamy.
- Remove the pan from heat, scoop pudding into a bowl, and garnish with almonds, pumpkin seed kernels, and plain yogurt to taste.
- Feel free to substitute raisins for dried cranberries or other nuts/seeds for the topping. This would also be good with strawberry or blackberry fruit spread.
This was actually pretty good. I took it to work and cooked it in the microwave. I forget to take along the nuts, but next time, I'll use sliced almonds and mix them in. What a great use for leftover rice and a nice change from the granola or oatmeal that I normally eat for breakfast. Thanks for posting this Jainene! Made for New Kid on the Block Tag.