Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from Bette Hagman and is used in some of her recipes that I will post. You can make it dairy free also. I use rice milk powder in Homemade Cream Soup. You could use either recipe interchangeably. There are variations after the recipe instructions. It makes enough for 8-9 cans of soup. For dairy free, according to Bette, you could use the powdered baby formula Isomil or Pregestimil also.
- 1 cup powdered milk or 1 cup non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons powdered stock (GF, chicken or vegetable, maybe bouillon would work)
Additional for each can of soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup water or 1 cup chicken broth
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Store in airtight container on pantry shelf.
- Cream of Chicken Soup: In a small sacuepan, blend 4 T base with 1/4 cold water. Add 1 C hot or cold water or chicken stock and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the soup thickens.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup: Add one 4 oz can of mushrooms, drained. Add them after the soup thickens.