Recipe by Shesaninja
A gluten free replacement for cream of chicken soup in casseroles.
Top Review by hazelphillips
This was much better than I had expected! I was afraid it might be runny and make the casserole runny but it was very thick. My daughter and son-in-law actually thought the baked chicken salad casserole tasted better with this than it usually does with the soup! And the grandkids didn't know anything was different about it. :)
- 1 cup milk (whichever kind you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free flour or 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter, margarine or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules (gluten free) or 1 bouillon cube (gluten free)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the flour or cornstarch with the milk or milk substitute.
- Add the remaining ingredients and heat to a boil while whisking til fully dissolved and combined. Reduce heat and simmer a few minutes or until it thickens.
- Use this soup in recipes in place of one can of creamed soup.
- You could also add celery or mushrooms to make into other cream of soup flavors.