Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this recipe from the Bette Hagman Gluten-free Gourmet Cooks Comfort Foods she calls it "Cream Soup Base". You can make this with vegetable soup base too.
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons powdered gluten-free reduced-sodium chicken base
- Combine all ingredients well and store in an air tight container in your pantry.
- In a small saucepan mix 3-4 Tablespoons of base with 1/4 cup cold water.Add 1 cup hot water (or for a richer soup 1 cup chicken stock) cook over medium heat stirring til soup thickens.
- Use 3 Tablespoons for thin soup or 4 Tablespoons for thick soup.