Prep 7 mins
Cook 7 mins
This Gluten Free Cranberry Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is a scrumptious fall twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie is a big hit in my household. The tart dried cranberries and nutty, roasted goodness of walnuts, along with nutrient dense almond flour turn a plain old chocolate chip cookie into an antioxidant rich, nutritious treat. http://www.elanaspantry.com/cranberry-walnut-chocolate-chip-cookies/
- 591.47 ml blanched almond flour
- 2.46 ml celtic sea salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml grapeseed oil
- 118.29 ml agave nectar
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml dried fruit juice sweetened cranberries
- 236.59 ml walnuts, toasted
- 118.29 ml dark chocolate, 73%
- 1. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- 2. In a smaller bowl, combine oil, agave and vanilla.
- 3. Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- 4. Mix in cranberries, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- 5. Form dough into ½ inch balls and press onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 6. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes.
- 7. Cool and serve.
I used what I had. Gluten free all purpose flour, canola oil, honey, made a few adding oatmeal and a few chopped dates. I also used fresh cranberries, quartered. Moisture was not a problem with mine. Next time I am adding allspice. Excellent texture and taste. A nice firm cookie, would mail well.
i am a big fan of elana, so i am not surprised i loved this recipe, but i have to say it's even better than the cookies in her almond flour cookbook! an absolute keeper. everyone who tried them asked for the recipe. i followed exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. thanks as always elana!
These are fabulous. Your recipes are often sweeter than I'm able to handle (brittle hypoglycemic) and I've learned to half the agave and increase the oil by not quite as much as I took out. (So a quarter cup only of agave but add just under a quarter of oil.) Since I couldn't find unsweetened cranberries I used fresh with the "gosh these release a lot of water, don't they" factor :D But they taste fabulous. Just had to cook them longer to make up for the added moisture.