Recipe by DreamoBway
This recipe is inpired by and dedicated to fellow Zaar chef LARavenscroft. These scones are very light and are the best warm right out of the oven.
Top Review by bruceyboy01
Made these in a round cake pan the first time, came out very nice. The second time I made them I did like the recipe says and made them individually. They came out like cardboard, dry and hard. I will make them in the cake pan from now on.
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 1⁄3 cups pamela's ultimate baking and pancake mix
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of one orange
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the dried cranberries to the orange juice and set aside. (This allows the cranberries to get plump and juicy).
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Cut in the butter using two knives.
- Add the beaten egg, milk, orange juice/cranberry mixture, vanilla, and orange zest. Mix together with a fork. The batter will be thick and lumpy.
- Drop large, tall dollops onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. About a 1/4 cup of batter will make for even scones.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until lightly browned.