Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
This recipe is inpired by and dedicated to fellow Zaar chef LARavenscroft. These scones are very light and are the best warm right out of the oven.
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 1⁄3 cups pamela's ultimate baking and pancake mix
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of one orange
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the dried cranberries to the orange juice and set aside. (This allows the cranberries to get plump and juicy).
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Cut in the butter using two knives.
- Add the beaten egg, milk, orange juice/cranberry mixture, vanilla, and orange zest. Mix together with a fork. The batter will be thick and lumpy.
- Drop large, tall dollops onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. About a 1/4 cup of batter will make for even scones.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until lightly browned.
Made for All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag. These are wonderful and we really enjoyed them, but then again I love cranberries. Thanks for the props, Christina and for posting the recipe!