Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An accidental recipe, resulting from what I like to call, "The Great Beanie Brownie Experiment". I prefer fudgy brownies and while this recipe had great flavor, texture and was quite moist for gluten free, the final result was a little too cakey for me to call a brownie. I put some frosting on top, and we enjoyed it as a snack cake! I forgot to add the cranberries into the batter, so I just sprinkled them onto the icing, but I'm posting the recipe here as I had intended it to be made. :)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can white kidney beans (cannellini beans)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3⁄4 cup gluten-free flour
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon orange extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly spray 8x 8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a food processor (or blender), until smooth. Stir in cranberries with a spoon.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- To prepare frosting: In small bowl, beat together butter and powdered sugar. Add the orange juice and extract and beat well to combine. Add milk or more orange juice, a teaspoon at a time, if necessary to get a spreading consistency. Spread over cooled cake, slice and enjoy!