Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love my mom's cranberry bread recipe and have missed it since I went gluten free. This new rendition comes pretty close, but I still need to tweak it a little.
- 354.88 ml pamela's gluten free baking mix
- 236.59 ml whole oats, cooked in almond milk
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml vanilla flavored almond milk, approximately
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 158.51 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml cranberries
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- 226.79 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 118.29 ml butter
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 236.59 ml cold water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook oatmeal in vanilla almond milk, add 1 tablespoon butter to hot oats and stir inches.
- Combine baking mix, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Add cooked oats, egg, vanilla, salt, and cranberries.
- Stir until well mixed. Add more almond milk if necessary to make the consistency medium thick.
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper so that the paper hangs over all edges. Lightly spray paper with oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350 for one hour or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Butter Sauce.
- Melt butter in sauce pan. Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Cook and stir over low heat about 15 minutes until it turns a slightly brown color. Add corn starch mixture a little at a time and stir until the texture is like thin white sauce.
- Slice bread and serve with warm butter sauce on top.