Recipe by What's Cooking?
This bread is best when made with "I Can't Believe It's Not Gluten! Gluten-Free Cake Flour Mix" (I Can't Believe It's Not Gluten! Gluten-Free Cake Flour Mix) but any all-purpose gluten-free flour mix that uses mostly rice flour can be used as long as it contains xanthan or guar gum. Eat it warm, or toast individual slices and serve with butter.
- 709.77 ml all-purpose gluten-free flour (mix must contain xanthan or guar gum)
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml fresh cranberries or 354.88 ml defrosted frozen cranberries, chopped
- 118.29 ml milk or 118.29 ml non-dairy milk substitute
- 177.44 ml orange juice
- 236.59 ml brown sugar or 236.59 ml turbinado sugar
- 118.29 ml melted butter or 118.29 ml melted margarine
- 14.79 ml lemon zest or 14.79 ml orange zest
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml clove
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a large loaf pan.
- Beat eggs and sugar with electric beater or mixer. Add butter or margarine, milk or milk substitute, orange juice, zest and vanilla. Slowly beat in baking soda, baking powder, salt, all spices and flour. Mix until combined.
- Gently fold in chopped cranberries. Pour into loaf pan and smooth the top of the loaf with a rubber spatula. Bake for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool slightly in loaf pan before inverting onto cooling rack.