Recipe by Chef Baki
Gluten free, sugar free, and vegan muffins made from the leftover thanksgiving ingredients in my cupboards. I am sure this recipe can be improved so if you try it out or have done something with fantastic results please oh please share your secrets. The flours and their combination can be altered to suit whatever you have, the texture is reminiscent of cornbread so if you would like something with less grit I would suggest adding a proportion of potato starch and/or tapioca starch or even a little cornstarch.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sorghum flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon egg substitute
- 6 tablespoons rice milk
- 1⁄2 cup tofutti sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup canned cranberries
- 1 tablespoonorange, zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Place paper cups into muffin tins and preheat oven to 350*.
- Place all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir until combined and make a well in the center.
- In a smaller bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients.
- Fold these ingredients together until combined.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick, muffins are done when toothpick comes out clean.