1/3 Photos of Gluten-Free Cornbread Stuffing
170 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
J Wong's Note:
A delicious holiday favorite. Difficult to get wrong and easy to customize, but it does take a little prep work. Destined to be a hit at any family gathering. *for an extra variety, try using half the chicken stock and adding a cup of apple sauce to the mix. *to make this Gluten-Free: substitute gluten-free breadcrumbs(Gillian's Foods makes these in a variety of flavors) and gluten free cornbread(Bob's Red Mill makes a great pre-mix). Verify the chicken stock ingredients or substitute Turkey pan drippings instead.
My Private Note
large r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf cornbread, -crumbled and stale
- 1 (15 ounce) can breadcrumbs
- 2 (16 ounce) packages bacon, sliced into 1-inch raw pieces and sauteed (reserve fat or grease)
- 1 cup onion, diced and sauteed
- 1 cup carrot, diced and sauteed
- 1 cup celery, diced and sauteed
- 1 (32 ounce) box chicken stock or 1 (32 ounce) box bouillon
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- 11 WEEK IN ADVANCE: Crumble cornbread and place in a large roasting pan. Turn once daily to ensure most of it gets stale. This concentrates the flavor and wont taste stale once it’s rehydrated with chicken stock.
- 2DAY OF: Combine bread crumbs and stale cornbread in the roasting pan.
- 3Dice and sautee veggies in a little olive oil (or butter) and combine with cornbread mixture.
- 4Boil cranberries in hot water till they just barely start popping(you'll hear it, it sounds like microwave popcorn). Immediately strain and combine with cornbread.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Sautee the bacon till cooked. Pour grease and bacon into the cornbread mix.
- 7Add optional ingredients to cornbread mixture.
- 8Season to taste.
- 9Mix cornbread mixture thoroughly.
- 10Add enough chicken stock to moisten stuffing until it clumps up under light mixing. Do not over add!
- 11Bake for about 2 hours. Periodically mix to ensure the stuffing doesn't get soggy on the bottom or burnt on top. Add chicken stock as needed to keep stuffing from completely drying out.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Cornbread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 710.2
- Calories from Fat 467
- Total Fat 51.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.6 mg
- Sodium 1014.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: