This is the perfect gluten free cornbread. It's light and fluffy. Best of all, super easy. No one would guess it's gf.
My Private Note
12 in r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425. Add cast iron skillet to oven while it heats up and you mix the ingredients.
- 2Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- 3Add butter in pats and blend with dry ingredients as if you were making pie crust. (I use my hands to cut it in.).
- 4Add the eggs and buttermilk.
- 5Mix with fork just until blended.
- 6Take skillet out of the hot oven and add 3 TBSP of butter and let it melt.
- 7Pour batter over the hot butter.
- 8Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- 9Once done, flip onto a plate for serving (upside down).
- 10(Note: the top won't brown very well but you will never know this once you flip it.).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.4
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 520.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: