Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the perfect gluten free cornbread. It's light and fluffy. Best of all, super easy. No one would guess it's gf.
- Preheat oven to 425. Add cast iron skillet to oven while it heats up and you mix the ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add butter in pats and blend with dry ingredients as if you were making pie crust. (I use my hands to cut it in.).
- Add the eggs and buttermilk.
- Mix with fork just until blended.
- Take skillet out of the hot oven and add 3 TBSP of butter and let it melt.
- Pour batter over the hot butter.
- Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once done, flip onto a plate for serving (upside down).
- (Note: the top won't brown very well but you will never know this once you flip it.).