Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the perfect gluten free cornbread. It's light and fluffy. Best of all, super easy. No one would guess it's gf.
- 1⁄4 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter (for skillet)
- Preheat oven to 425. Add cast iron skillet to oven while it heats up and you mix the ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add butter in pats and blend with dry ingredients as if you were making pie crust. (I use my hands to cut it in.).
- Add the eggs and buttermilk.
- Mix with fork just until blended.
- Take skillet out of the hot oven and add 3 TBSP of butter and let it melt.
- Pour batter over the hot butter.
- Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once done, flip onto a plate for serving (upside down).
- (Note: the top won't brown very well but you will never know this once you flip it.).