Recipe by Jesus Freak
This is a simple cornbread recipe that tastes pretty good and it isn't too crumbly either! This recipe is also good for biscuits. You may also substitute the milk for 1 cup buttermilk and 1/2 cup milk.
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups white cornmeal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring ingredients to room temperature (set out cold ingredients for about 1/2-hour).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sift together dry ingredients, add cornmeal.
- Mix together wet ingredients.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13-inch pan, smooth.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Variation: Recipe makes 20 biscuits.