Recipe by CandCrew
Being gluten or wheat free can be very challenging, especially when it comes to finding substitutes for pantry staples. Thanks to this recipe, you get the convenience of canned, condensed soup without the costliness of premade GF foods.
Top Review by nonnarae
Some of my favorite recipies call for condensed C.O.M. soup. It has been one of the hardest things about finding out I have celiacs! This is amazing. Thank you for giving me back all my childhood favorites!
- 1 cup 2% evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 3⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients except the mushrooms in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add mushrooms and pulse 2-3 times until mushrooms are chopped.
- Pour into a 2-quart Pyrex bowl and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, whisking well after two minutes and again at the end of cooking time. If not thick enough, add 30 seconds and whisk again OR.
- Pour into a 2-quart saucepan & cook on medium high while whisking until desired thickness.