Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Well yeah, a diet again, low carb, low protein, so its a neat thing to make something a little bit different... hope you will like.
- 1 cup Brussels sprout
- 1 teaspoon ghee or 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut cream
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Put the ghee or coconut oil in a saucepan, warm up, then add sprouts.
- Once sprouts warmed up, and soaked up some of the butter/oil, add 1/4 cup of water, salt and simmer for 10/15 minutes or until softer.
- Mash the sprouts mildly, add tarragon, garlic, chili flakes and the coconut milk, stir and bring to boil.
- If meal is not thick enough, add the 1 tsp of coconut flour, stir in well and let it stand on stove for a minute longer.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Voila meal is ready.
- you could serve it with plain yoghurt.
- FOR COCONUT MILK you could use canned one, if it doesnt have any additional ingredients, but its much better to have own. Real easy too.
- Stir in 2 tsps of coconut cream with 2 tbsp of hot water first, then once cream dissolved, add rest of the water and you have the coconut milk ready.
I did make some substitutions. I supped tarragon with some fresh fennel. I doubled the recipe. I was outta chili flakes so put in a bit of cayenne and paprika. You know, it was just okay for me. I don't feel like these flavors were particularly complimentary or anything, but they were fine. The brussel sprouts didn't absorb much of the flavor anyways. I'm eating it. It's okay. It was probably better off with just the ghee/butter and fennel and brussel sprouts with salt to tell you the truth. And they didn't mash so well, so it wasn't much of a meal. I suppose I could add more coconut flour, though... Anyways, Just a 3 stars for me. Nothing special, like I'd hoped.