Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
The coconut flour tortillas are gluten free, grain free and low in carbohydrates. They are great to use in enchilada recipes or as a sandwich wrap. These will not have the same texture as wheat flour tortillas, however they are a great substitute every now and then when on a gluten free diet.
- 1⁄4 cup egg white
- 2 tablespoons water or 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1⁄16 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon coconut oil, for frying
- Pour egg whites and water into a medium bowl.
- Sift coconut flour and salt into the egg white mixture.
- Heat a frying pan and melt 1 teaspoons of butter or oil to grease the bottom of pan.
- Slowly pour 2-3 tablespoons of the coconut flour mixture onto the pan and quickly (and carefully) spread the batter around into a larger, thin circle by turning the pan.
- Fry for about 1-2 minutes on the first side, or until the edges start to lift and you can easily move your spatula underneath the cooking tortilla without it breaking. Flip and cook on the other side.
This was... ok. Is definitely not going to fool you into thinking it's a tortilla, tho. I would have gotten the 3 this says it makes had I used a smaller pan, and had the first not disintegrated when I tried to flip it. The recipe does not state at what setting to cook these, so I used between medium and med/high, which worked for me on my stove. Keep in mind the use of coconut flour makes these extremely delicate. I'm not sure I'd use this recipe again for something savory. I'll use these again when I'm craving crepes, cause the sweet flavor of the coconut flour will be dynamite with some fruit and whipped cream. thanks for sharing.