Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This recipe is the result of many months of testing to make a healthy muffin recipe. It is gluten free, high in fiber and most of all tastes good. I will be adding my other versions of this muffin to food.com soon.
- 59.14 ml coconut flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml celtic sea salt
- 44.37 ml cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml coconut oil
- 29.58 ml coconut milk
- 118.29 ml coconut sugar
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 1. In a bowl combine sifted coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. In a second bowl combine eggs, melted coconut oil, coconut milk, and coconut sugar.
- 3. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet thoroughly.
- 4. Add the raisins and mix.
- 5. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the mix and deposit it into a greased muffin pan. You should get 6 to 8 muffins out of this batch.
- 6. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- 7. Cool and serve. Can be frozen and thawed to save batches for later.
I tried this recipe this morning and I have to say that I was disappointed. I really wanted this one to work! The recipe called for 3 tablespoons of cinnamon; I used half that amount and it was still overbearing. I made them for my 2 daughters and a friend and each one took only one bite. Then I tried them and took only one bite also. That's all I could choke down. Way too much cinnamon! The only reason I gave this 2 stars is because they rose nicely. I think the bones of the recipe are solid, but some of the ingredients still need tweaking. Besides the cinnamon, they were quite bland.