1/3 Photos of Gluten-Free Coconut Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Icing
1 hr 5 mins
This is a recipe that I got from the website of Gluten-Free Goddess. It uses Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. I've made it several times and I've gotta say, it's really good. My wheat eating DD even asked for it for her birthday. If you are GF/CF you can use canned pumpkin or applesauce in place of the yogurt and 2 cups of your flour mix plus 2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large eggs, organic free-range
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or a mix of nutmeg, cloves, ginger and allspice)
- 2 cups Pamelas ultimate baking and pancake mix
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded (about 4)
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1/2 pecans, toasted & chopped (or walnuts)
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 9" spring-form cake pan.
- 3In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs; add the oil and beat; add the brown sugar and beat until smooth.
- 4Beat in the yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon and spice.
- 5Add in the baking mix and beat until combined. (The batter should be a bit thicker than wheat flour batter.).
- 6Add in the coconut, carrots, raisins, and nuts; stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- 7Spread the batter evenly in the cake pan; and place the pan in the center of a pre-heated oven.
- 8Bake until the cake is firm, and a wooden pick inserted into the center emerges clean, about 40-45 minutes (or longer if necessary).
- 9Cool on a wire rack and frost with cream cheese icing.
- 10For cream cheese icing, beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- 11Add the vanilla.
- 12Add the powdered sugar a cup at a time; squeeze a little lemon (or other citrus) juice into the frosting and beat until smooth.
- 13Add more sugar or juice as necessary.
- 14Frost cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Coconut Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Icing
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.6
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 94.3 mg
- Sodium 151.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 82.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Pamelas ultimate baking and pancake mix