Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found online - posting here to save! Jen Cafferty Gluten-Free Food Examiner Looking for a quick and easy gluten-free brownie recipe? This is perfect for a summer barbeque or a quick afternoon snack.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free flour, baking blend
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8x2 pan (or a 9 x 12 pan if doubling recipe) or 12 muffin tins. (You can line the pan with parchment paper so that you can easily lift out the brownies and slice them when they are done.).
- Melt butter in a sauce pan or in a 1 quart container in the microwave. Remove from heat. Add cocoa until blended, then add sugar and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla, flour, salt & xanthan gum – do not overmix.
- Bake 25-30 minutes (less if using muffin tins).
- Cool and serve.
These are amazingly fudgy brownies - and impossible to tell that they are gluten-free! I used my own gum-free flour blend and skipped the xanthan gum. Still came out wonderful. I frosted them with Creamy Brownie Frosting #43891 from Food.com and it was the perfect pairing.
Wow... these are absolutely delicious! I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free baking flour and added mini chocolate chips and they turned out perfectly. Super quick & easy one-bowl recipe with simple ingredients. I will definitely make these again and share the recipe with my friends. Thank you!
This is by far one of the best brownie recipes I have tried and it's gluten free, I made this tonight for dessert and everyone loved them. I replaced 1/4 cup of the cocoa with Black Onyx Cocoa which made them extra rich and yummy, I got it from Savory Spice Shop. I also used King Arthur gluten free multi purpose flour. You could not tell this was a gluten free recipe. I will make this again and will pass on the recipe. You have got to try this you will not be disappointed.