Recipe by Demelza
Another of Judith Fertig's recipes from 200 Fast & Easy Artisan Breads. I have never made gluten-free cinnamon rolls, so I hope this will provide a cinnamon roll fix for those on a gluten-free diet. Use half of Easy Artisan Gluten-Free Dough Easy Artisan Gluten-Free Dough. I have also posted the Easy Artisan Glaze with Variations Easy Artisan Glaze With Variations recipe to go with these. The loose dough is harder to work with than a traditional wheat dough for cinnamon rolls, so follow the tips given in the recipe. The recipe was a little confusing as to the size of the rectangle & cinnamon rolls, so I have adjusted that in the directions. Bake in greased muffin tins. If you don't have a baking stone, you can still make artisan breads, just make sure your oven has preheated for at least 30 minutes & add 2 cups of hot water to a broiler pan. I will include this recipe in my shared Gluten-Free cookbook.
Top Review by GlutenFreeAndrea
So amazing! I didn't have a broiler or pizza stone and they still turned out fantastic! I am always looking for new gluten free recipes and I was very pleased with this one!
1/2 recipe Prepared Easy Artisan Gluten-Free Dough
- 6 tablespoons sugar (white, packed light or dark brown)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar (also called powdered or icing sugar)
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk (half & half or heavy whipping cream may be used)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Filling, mix cinnamon & sugar together, beat in butter till smooth.
- Spray a 20" piece of wax paper with nonstick spray.
- put 1/2 of the piece of dough on the prepared wax paper.
- Using a wet spatula or wet hands spread dough into a 10 x 10 square.
- Spread half of the cinnamon filling on the dough.
- Carefully lift one edge of the wax paper & scrape or nudge the dough over on itself to roll.
- Cut into 6 equal pieces & place cut side up in greased muffin tins.
- Cover with a teatowel & let rest for 40 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining dough & filling.
- For artisan baking, preheat oven to 350°. Heat baking stone on middle rack & broiler pan on lower rack for about 30 minutes while preheating oven.
- Place muffin tin on baking stone, pour 2 cups of hot water in broiler pan.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes,or until risen and lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Stir glaze ingredients together till smooth.
- Drizzle with glaze once cool.