Recipe by LARavenscroft
This is an adaptation of a recipe that I found on Pamela's Products website. The original recipe was for current scones, but I wanted something that was cinnamon raisin and this is what I came up with.
Top Review by lovesaquickie
I made this for an English themed Bunco party & it was a hit with all 12 ladies there, plus a few men who hang around to sample the potluck each month. I followed the recipe, but left out the cinnamon & raisins, added about 2 Tablespoons of lemon zest and 1/3 cup of sliced almonds. I served it with Lemon Curd. Delicious combination, I will make it again following the listed ingredients for a breakfast treat, adding 1/3 cup walnuts, I'm a nut fan! Thanks.
- 2 1⁄3 cups Pamelas ultimate baking and pancake mix
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Cut in the butter using two knives.
- Add the beaten egg and milk.
- Mix together with a fork (dough will be thick).
- Drop large, tall dollops onto lightly greased cookie sheet (I use an ice cream scoop to get equal sized scones - about 1/4 cup of batter per scone).
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until lightly browned.