1/1 Photo of Gluten Free Cinnamon Bun Scones
I love cinnamon rolls, but due to allergies to wheat and yeast, I don't bake them. This is a recipe I found on the Quaker Oats site Quaker Oats that I have converted to gluten free. Be sure to use gluten free oats. These taste like cinnamon rolls without all the work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 -4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1Heat oven to 425°F Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- 2In large bowl, combine flour, oats, ground flax seed, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- 3Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4In small bowl, combine buttermilk, egg and vanilla; blend well.
- 5Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir with fork or rubber spatula until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 6In small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with the pecans and cinnamon; mix well.
- 7Sprinkle evenly over dough in bowl; gently stir batter to swirl in cinnamon mixture (Do not blend completely.)
- 8Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- 9Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Remove to wire rack; cool 5 minutes.
- 11In small bowl, combine powdered sugar and enough orange juice for desired consistency; mix until smooth.
- 12Drizzle over top of warm scones. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Cinnamon Bun Scones
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.8
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 229.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: