Recipe by La Dilettante
This recipe was in our local paper yesterday, courtesy of Mr. Mitchell Moore of Campbell's Bakery. I made a batch this morning, and they are sooooo deeply chocolate-y and rich! Crisp outside, chewy inside...perfect. Hint: chill dough, and slightly underbake for maximum chewiness.
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (natural or Dutch-process, Moore uses Valrhona)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cocoa, sugar, and pecans.
- Stir in egg whites and vanilla, and mix until blended, but do not whip. Chill for half an hour.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes. Remove to rack to cool.
- Pour a glass of milk and eat half of them yourself.