This recipe was in our local paper yesterday, courtesy of Mr. Mitchell Moore of Campbell's Bakery. I made a batch this morning, and they are sooooo deeply chocolate-y and rich! Crisp outside, chewy inside...perfect. Hint: chill dough, and slightly underbake for maximum chewiness.
- Mix cocoa, sugar, and pecans.
- Stir in egg whites and vanilla, and mix until blended, but do not whip. Chill for half an hour.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes. Remove to rack to cool.
- Pour a glass of milk and eat half of them yourself.