Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I composed this recipe from 3 others mixing and matching the ingredients to make the perfect soft, moist bread. It tastes just regular chocolate peanut butter banana bread. My family, including my 4 kids, loved it so much it was eaten within 2 days. There are lots of ingredients, but it is well worth it to get such a soft, moist and delicious gluten free bread.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temp
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 4 bananas, overripe and smashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup sorghum flour, sweet sorghum flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease (2) 9x5 non-stick loaf pans.
- Cream together butter, eggs, vanilla peanut butter, applesauce, bananas and Sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt and baking cocoa.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mix/stir until smooth (batter will be a little thick).
- Spoon batter into greased loaf pans; Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes until a knife inserted into it comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes and remove from loaf pans and cool.
- ** Can be made egg free buy substituting an egg replacer or using more applesauce.
- *** try adding your favorite things like chocolate chips, nuts or raisins. And top with brown sugar before baking.