Recipe by dfogel62
From the Gluten Free Club. I just had to share this fabulous dessert for those who can't have flours this is perfect! It is our new favorite! Chocolate lovers will swoon over this one! I have made this several times and its a big hit!
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate (1 1/2 cups chocolate chips)
- 1⁄4 lb butter (1 stick)
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- 4- 6 ounce ramekins or creme brulee dishes.
- Melt the chocolate & Butter together in a double boiler. In the meantime, whisk together the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl. Prepare the ramekins by covering the insides with a thin film of butter, then add enough white sugar to coat the film of butter. Remove excess sugar.
- When the chocolate and butter have melted, pour them into the egg mixture and whisk together. The batter will thicken as you whisk it together. Fill the ramekins 3/4 full, leaving enough room for the cake to raise. Because this desert is served straight out of the oven, refrigerate until just before you need them. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and then put them in on a cookie sheet or tray.
- You'll want to under bake them so that the center stays soft. If you've refrigerated them beforehand, it will take a little longer, about 15 to 20 minutes. If you are baking them right away, 10 to 15 minutes should do it.
- Check them every 5 minutes or so, and more often near the end. You don't want to overdo it, because then the center isn't soft and runny.
- To serve, gently invert the ramekin onto a plate and dust with powdered sugar. Vanila ice cream goes really well with this rich chocolate dessert.
- You can use any 6 ounce oven ware containers to make these if you don't have ramkins.