Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Since my two teenage children and I have gone gluten free we have been craving Girlscout Thin Mint cookies. I spotted some Andes mint chips and came up with this recipe. They taste pretty close - without the chocolate coating. For all of my recipes I use either Bette Hagman's Featherlite Blend, Gluten Free Flour Blend, or a combination of both.
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (featherlite blend)
- 1 1⁄4 cups gluten-free flour (GF blend)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) packageandes creme de menthe mint chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl cream butter, crisco, brown sugar & sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in dry ingredients. After thoroughly mixed add mint chips.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake.
- These cookies freeze very well.
Excellent cookies. It's always good to find recipes that are written specifically for gluten free diets. Because of an allergy to vegetable gums, I did sub 1 T of ground flax seed for the xanthan gum. Thanks for posting this GFMom. Made for Comfort Cafe - Winter 2010.