Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Since my two teenage children and I have gone gluten free we have been craving Girlscout Thin Mint cookies. I spotted some Andes mint chips and came up with this recipe. They taste pretty close - without the chocolate coating. For all of my recipes I use either Bette Hagman's Featherlite Blend, Gluten Free Flour Blend, or a combination of both.
- 236.59 ml gluten-free flour (featherlite blend)
- 295.73 ml gluten-free flour (GF blend)
- 11.09 ml xanthan gum
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml salt
- 59.14 ml cocoa powder
- 118.29 ml butter (softened)
- 118.29 ml Crisco
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 283.49 g packageandes creme de menthe mint chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl cream butter, crisco, brown sugar & sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in dry ingredients. After thoroughly mixed add mint chips.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake.
- These cookies freeze very well.
Excellent cookies. It's always good to find recipes that are written specifically for gluten free diets. Because of an allergy to vegetable gums, I did sub 1 T of ground flax seed for the xanthan gum. Thanks for posting this GFMom. Made for Comfort Cafe - Winter 2010.