Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Its quick easy and delicious and no one can tell its Gluten Free!
Make and share this Gluten Free Chocolate Mint Brownies, Microwave Recipe(GF) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup sifted rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup sifted cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- Beat together eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and salt for one minute.
- Add melted butter or canola oil. Stir well with a wooden spoon (not mixer) so that the sugar is well mixed with the butter or oil. Stir in the sifted flour, cocoa and walnuts Lightly spray or grease a glass 10 by 10 inch baking pan.
- Microwave on High for 5- 6 minutes.
- When done the top looks dry but will spring back.
- In a 1000 watt microwave I recommend baking on medium high for 5- 6 minutes.
- Icing Stir together icing ingredients and spread over cooled brownies.
- Glaze Melt ingredients together in glass measuring cup in the microwave for about 1 minute on medium.
- Drizzle over peppermint icing layer.
- Chill and slice.
- Makes about 25 squares.
These were a huge hit at Christmas Eve dinner! I personally am not a lover of peppermint, but everyone else LOVED these! They were super easy to make, especially in the microwave. I didn't have a 10x10 pan, so used a 9x9 instead and adjusted the timing slightly. I used both the icing and the glaze but there wasn't as much icing as the original photo shows (even in a smaller pan), so next time I'll double the icing. I loved how the bottoms of the brownies were a bit chewy and fudgy, while the rest was a little more cake-like. They made both kinds of brownie lovers happy! Since I didn't like the peppermint, I'm looking forward to trying the next couple batches with lemon or orange extracts, and for Valentine's Day I'm going to make the icing with maraschino cherry juice so that it's cherry and pink! :) Thanks for sharing a great recipe that doesn't feel gluten free!
Love this recipe!! Have made it several times and it is what I make when I have the "gluten free depression" I left out the frosting and just made a mint glaze to drizzle over the brownies. MAKE sure you don't overcook these!! You will end up with a brick. Just follow the directions and you will be fine.
This brownie recipe Rocks! I left off the icing and glace for lack of having the ingredients. I gave it to my celiac pregnant chocolate craving mother and she practically inhaled them. :D This is something I love to make and eat!!!!!!!!