Prep 50 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw a lovely wheat containing version of this recipe and wanted to reproduce them. That recipe was a little complicated to convert, so instead I changed Gluten Free Gingersnap Cookies with excellent results!
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted milk chocolate
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1 1⁄4 cups rice flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- icing sugar, for rolling
- In a small bowl, combine melted chocolate and instant coffee. Stir until coffee is dissolved.
- In medium bowl, cream butter, sugar, chocolate-sugar mixture and the eggs.
- In large bowl combine dry ingredients. Stir into butter mixture.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop out dough, and shape into 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll into icing sugar. Set aside and roll in icing sugar again. (Be sure to do it twice or all the sugar will just melt into the cookie when you bake them).
- Arrange at least 3 inches apart on a baking sheet. (They spread while baking.).
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.