The New York Times blog, Bitten, just did a feature on chocolate cupcakes, which made me realize that a recipe for gluten free chocolate cupcakes is conspicuously lacking from this site. Well, I am happy to say that is no longer the case. In my quest for the perfect gluten free chocolate cupcake, I made these 5 times. Today. Luckily, my boys and their glutenoid friends happily scarfed the "failures." Here, I share with you my success. http://www.elanaspantry.com/chocolate-cupcakes/
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, blend together eggs, oil and agave.
- Blend dry ingredients into wet thoroughly.
- Line a cupcake tin with paper liners and scoop a scant 1/4 cup into each.
- Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes.
- Cool and cover with vegan "buttercream" chocolate frosting (http://www.elanaspantry.com/vegan-chocolate-frosting/).