Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Soft, moist cookies that are as picturesque as they are yummy. Best if enjoyed the day of baking.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- 1 1⁄2 sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca starch
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup icing sugar
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla and chocolate.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt together; add and mix well.
- Shape into one inch balls and roll in icing sugar.
- Arrange on greased baking sheets and bake in a preheated 350* oven for 8 to 10 minutes (DO NOT overbake).
- Cookies will be quite soft.
Excellent cookie. Easy to make, pretty and flavorful. I found that mine kept very well overnight. Sure they weren't fresh-baked tasting, but still after 3 days better than anything you can buy for triple the cost in a grocery store! Thanks, katii! - I used a #50 scoop and baked them in a commercial convection oven at 325. This recipe multiplied by 4 very well, and I only baked 3/4 of it the first day. I refrigerated the remaining dough and baked it the folllowing day, after letting it sit at room temp. long enough to get soft-ish.