From "A Taste of Tradition" by Tamar Ansh. Haven't tried them yet, but they look good. I did not include the chilling time (a few hours or overnight) in the cooking time.
- With a hand blender, mix together the cocoa, oil, and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Add in potato starch and baking powder, and mix until the batter resembles thick paste.
- Chill batter several hours or overnight covered in fridge. If very liquidy after it's been chilled, you may need to add a bit more potato starch.
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 180C .
- Roll batter into balls, then roll each cookie ball in the powdered sugar until well coated. Space evenly apart on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until just starting to crinkle. Let the cookies cool off on the baking sheets for five minutes. Then remove gently with a spatula. They spread out a lot and are delicate to handle.
- Freezes well.