1/2 Photos of Gluten Free Chocolate Chip, Raisin, Walnut Cookies
These relatively healthy absolutely delicious chocolate chip cookies are a gluten-free adaptation of my favorite chocolate chip cookie. The raisins keep the cookies moist but they are hardly noticeable. It is easiest if you use a pre-made gluten free flour mix. Just about any mixture will do but I use Food Philosopher (registered) brown rice flour mixture and here is the breakdown of the ingredients that make up that mixture*: 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour 1/3 cup potato starch 8 teaspoons tapioca flour 1/2 teaspoon tapioca flour. I have had success with other gluten-free flour mixes but this one works the best for me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C (375 degrees F).
- 2Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. (Use a stand mixer if available.).
- 3Mix the oil, egg and sugars until pale and creamy looking. Add the vanilla and water.
- 4Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. If the chocolate chips fall out of the dough, add a little more water.
- 5Using two spoons, drop small walnut sized piles of the mixture onto Teflon or baking-paper-lined oven sheets, leaving about 4–5cm between each to allow spreading as they cook.
- 6Place, one tray at a time, in the middle of the oven and bake for 10–11 minutes until not quite golden brown. Be careful not to overcook, they are still tasty but crumbly.
- 7Cool on baking tray for a few minutes, then on racks until completely cool before transferring to an airtight container for storage. They keep well for a few days, otherwise store in the freezer.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Chocolate Chip, Raisin, Walnut Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.9
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 121.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: