1/1 Photo of Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
I've tried so many packaged gluten free chocolate chip cookie mixes and there's always some aspect that dissatisfying about them, whether they're dry and gritty or have a distinct taste or smell that just screams gluten free (and not as good as the original!). My goal was to make a recipe for them that tasted just as good if not better than my favourite all purpose flour chocolate chip cookie recipe, and I think that I finally got it! These cookies are crispy on the edges but have a soft chewy center. The different flours I use give them a great classic flavor that you would never guess are gluten free. They're easy and quick to make, and the perfect fix for any of your cookie cravings!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup 60% cocoa dark chocolate bar, chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 350ËšF and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment or a silpat liner.
- 2Cream the butter with the white and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3Add the egg and the vanilla and mix until evenly distributed.
- 4Mix together all the flours, the xanthan gum, and the salt with a whisk. Add them gradually to the mixer allowing them to incorporate after each addition.
- 5Add a tsp of hot water to dissolve the baking soda and add it to the mixer. Use a spatula to make sure you get it all out.
- 6Add the chocolate chips and the chopped chocolate and mix until well combined.
- 7I use an ice cream scoop to measure my cookies so they're uniform. With the scoop I use I get about 18 cookies from this recipe. I find this to be the perfect amount for a quick craving.
- 8Bake for 10 minutes, then rotate, and bake for 4 more minutes. Gluten Free tends not to brown up that much. The first few times I overbaked them. Once they've gotten that perfect regular golden brown, for gluten free that probably means they'll be a little crisp. So er on the side of 2 minutes less than the degree of brown you'd like to see for that perfect soft, chewy center. And remember all ovens vary, so you'll find the perfect time for your oven with practice.
- 9When done, allow to sit for a few minutes then move to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (665 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2824.8
- Calories from Fat 1210
- Total Fat 134.5 g
- Saturated Fat 80.6 g
- Cholesterol 430.0 mg
- Sodium 1349.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 405.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.2 g
- Sugars 270.4 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dark chocolate bars