Recipe by ChefArani
This recipe results in delicious chocolate chip cookies that taste quite a bit like classic Tollhouse recipe cookies, but is gluten free. I've tried many recipes for gluten free treats, and so far this is my favorite - my kid brother didn't even know they were gluten free! You can experiment with the flours if you like, let me know of other combo's that work well! OPTIONAL: you can leave out the egg yolks if your sensitive to them and they'll be just as yummy, only flatter. If you do this freeze them for a little longer.
Top Review by PaulaG
The recipe was scaled by half and I still got over 2 dozen cookies. The rapadura sugar was substitute with 1/4 cup organic brown sugar for half the recipe. I did not have coconut flour but did have unsweetened coconut which was ground to a flour using the Vita-Mix. Putting these cookies in the freezer for awhile is essential. The dough was quite firm after being in the freezer but still spread quite a bit during the baking process. These cookies have a very nice texture. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
- 118.29 ml brown rice flour
- 118.29 ml tapioca flour
- 118.29 ml coconut flour
- 236.59 ml sorghum flour
- 6.16 ml xanthan gum
- 14.79 ml gelatin (1 package of Knox)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 177.44 ml rapadura sugar
- 177.44 ml unrefined cane sugar
- 236.59 ml softened butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flours, gelatin, baking soda, xantham gum, salt in small mixing bowl.
- In medium mixing bowl beat sugar and vanilla into butter until well mixed and a bit fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time to butter mixture.
- Gradually add and beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Make small balls from resulting dough and set on greased cookie sheet.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes (this is optional but helps to keep the cookies from flattening).
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place loaded cookie sheets in preheated oven and bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Cool for at least 2 minutes before removing from tray to avoid breaking them!
- Serve and enjoy!