1/1 Photo of Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe results in delicious chocolate chip cookies that taste quite a bit like classic Tollhouse recipe cookies, but is gluten free. I've tried many recipes for gluten free treats, and so far this is my favorite - my kid brother didn't even know they were gluten free! You can experiment with the flours if you like, let me know of other combo's that work well! OPTIONAL: you can leave out the egg yolks if your sensitive to them and they'll be just as yummy, only flatter. If you do this freeze them for a little longer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon gelatin (1 package of Knox)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup rapadura sugar
- 3/4 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Mix flours, gelatin, baking soda, xantham gum, salt in small mixing bowl.
- 2In medium mixing bowl beat sugar and vanilla into butter until well mixed and a bit fluffy.
- 3Add eggs one at a time to butter mixture.
- 4Gradually add and beat in flour mixture.
- 5Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 6Make small balls from resulting dough and set on greased cookie sheet.
- 7Place in freezer for 20 minutes (this is optional but helps to keep the cookies from flattening).
- 8Preheat oven to 375.
- 9Place loaded cookie sheets in preheated oven and bake for 8-12 minutes.
- 10Cool for at least 2 minutes before removing from tray to avoid breaking them!
- 11Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.1
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 300.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: