Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found a gluten-free cookie recipe finally. Ok I don't know why they couldn't find these calories for these two ingredients in I put but I did the math and heres what I came up with. For the almond flour 2 1/2 cups and the Agave Nectar 1/2 cups the total cals. for 1 cookie changes to 157 and I'm sure that also brings the grams for each serving as well but that I don't know so sorry.
- 2 1⁄2 cups peanuts, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl Mix wet ingredients into dry Form 1¨ balls and press onto a parchment lined baking sheet Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes Cool and serve.
A good, easily put together gluten free choc chip cookie. After some very crumbly and fragile experiences with eggless almond flour cookies, I decided to use the left over egg yolk from Flax Pizza Crust. Instead of butter I used canola oil and cut it down to 6 tablespoons because of the egg yolk. Also I used brown rice syrup instead of honey, so it was less sweet than with honey which was perfect for me :) I suppose this can be made with any kind of ground nuts, but I used ground almonds and got 30 nice chewie cookies. Maybe I should have cooked them a bit longer for more crispness, but I'm just fine with chewie cookies. Thanks for posting this, I will make this again and maybe try pecans or hazelnuts. Made for PAC fall 2009.