Recipe by Laura Meehan
Yummy, nobody-knows-they're-gluten-free cookies! Always a hit! Can use 2 1/4 cups of any other gluten-free flour instead of the cornstarch, tapioca flour, and rice flour if desired.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Awesome cookies!! I used arrowroot instead of cornstarch and brown rice syrup instead of both sugars, so I cut down shortening and margarine to 3 tablespoons each. You're right, nobody can tell they're gluten free - dangerous, becacuse they get eaten up by non celiacs if you're not quick enough :D Made for PAC fall 2009. Thanks for posting these treats!
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 6 tablespoons margarine or 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup tapioca flour
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (12 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat shortening, butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes, swapping spots on the racks if using two sheets at once (the higher ones bake faster).