Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a must for anyone wanting gluten-free cookies. Taken from Womans Day. These to me taste better than the usual choc chip cookies.
- 1⁄4 cup vegan margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1 cup soy flour
- 125 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 60 g additional dark chocolate, melted
- Beat margarine, sugar and egg in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Stir in sifted flours and chocolate, mix well.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Place 5cm apart onto greased oven trays; flatten slightly.
- Cook in a moderate oven,for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Stand on tray for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Decorate cookies by drizzling with extra melted chocolate.
This was REALLY good! I modified it, and used white chocolate chunks, but otherwise I used the same recipe, and it was tasty! Making them with the tablespoon and then squishing them makes really small cookies; so if you want more than 2 1/2 dozen small cookies, I suggest doubling the recipe, cause they don't rise really at all.
These are wonderful! I used semi sweet chocolate and they mixed up so quick and easy! A bit of a chewy cookie and hard to believe they're gluten free! Baked at 350* for 15 minutes as was suggested by previous reviewer and they came out great! Thank you for sharing! :)
Not bad for a gluten free cookie. If you think of it as a dessert, rather than the traditional chocolate chip cookie, you will not be disappointed. I didn't have the dairy free margarine, so I subbed a little less than 1/4 c. canola oil and added a tsp. of butter extract flavoring. I also added 1/2 tsp. of cream of tartar to help lighten the consistency of the dough. Cooking time at 350* was 15 minutes on my oven. Thanks for a good recipe!