Recipe by Elana's Pantry
This is my older son’s favorite treat. Whenever I ask him what he would like me to bake for him, he says, “brownies.” He loves packing these higher-protein treats in his lunch for dessert. http://www.elanaspantry.com/desserts/brownies/
Top Review by angela93
I LOVE this recipe. It is the best gluten free and dairy free brownie recipe out there imo. And I have tried quite a few :) For my recipe I made my own nut butter with 12 oz. of hazelnuts heated on low heat on the stove for a few minutes to release the oils then processed in the food processor till they start to look like a nut butter. And instead of agave I used one cup of dark honey. These are my go to when I NEED something with chocolate. Also I think dairy free needs to be added in the title. It would help all those searching for gluten free and dairy free treats :)
- 1 (16 ounce) jarsalted almond butter, smooth roasted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate, 73%
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, blend almond butter until smooth with a hand blender.
- Blend in eggs, then blend in agave and vanilla.
- Blend in cocoa, salt and baking soda, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pyrex baking dish.
- Pour batter into dish.
- Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes.