Recipe by katii
These delicious chocolate bars blend creamy caramel, rich chocolate, and a crisp wafer perfectly. Yum!
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3⁄4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup potato starch
- 1⁄4 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 30 caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together cereal, flour, baking soda and salt.
- In mixing bowl, blend butter and sugar.
- Stir in cereal mixture until thoroughly combined and crumbly.
- Press half of mixture into bottom of greased 9" square baking pan.
- Brush with egg white in order to prevent the wafer from getting soggy.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, melt caramels with milk in saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth; set aside.
- Spread caramel evenly over cereal layer and let cool.
- Drizzle chocolate overtop of bars, or coat bars completely.
- Cut into bars once chocolate has hardened.