Recipe by sarikat
I call this a tea bread because it is not super sweet like a pound cake, but does have the same texture. Next time I play around with it, I think I may add a bit more milk and butter and see what happens. I used Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour mix with great success.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300F and grease metal loaf pan.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate, 2T butter and powdered sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Once smooth, remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract, and set aside.
- Whisk together gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl (or stand mixer), beat butter until smooth. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about two minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well, using rubber spatula as needed.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts to milk.
- Add half the flour mixture to the butter mixture, combine well.
- Add milk to the batter, mix well.
- Add remaining flour mixture to batter, mix well.
- Spread half the batter into prepared loaf pan. Drizzle top with 2/3 of chocolate mixture. Dollop with remaining batter.
- Using a butter knife, gently swirl batter in pan.
- Drizzle top with remaining chocolate mixture.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.