1/1 Photo of Gluten Free Chocolate Amaretto Tea Bread
1 hr 20 mins
I call this a tea bread because it is not super sweet like a pound cake, but does have the same texture. Next time I play around with it, I think I may add a bit more milk and butter and see what happens. I used Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour mix with great success.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1Preheat oven to 300F and grease metal loaf pan.
- 2Melt unsweetened chocolate, 2T butter and powdered sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Once smooth, remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract, and set aside.
- 3Whisk together gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- 4In a large bowl (or stand mixer), beat butter until smooth. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about two minutes.
- 5Add eggs one at a time and beat well, using rubber spatula as needed.
- 6Add vanilla and almond extracts to milk.
- 7Add half the flour mixture to the butter mixture, combine well.
- 8Add milk to the batter, mix well.
- 9Add remaining flour mixture to batter, mix well.
- 10Spread half the batter into prepared loaf pan. Drizzle top with 2/3 of chocolate mixture. Dollop with remaining batter.
- 11Using a butter knife, gently swirl batter in pan.
- 12Drizzle top with remaining chocolate mixture.
- 13Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Chocolate Amaretto Tea Bread
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.8
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 110.0 mg
- Sodium 533.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: