Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Moist, fudgey, and oh-so-cute! These cupcakes are rich and chocolatey with a sweet and crispy toasted coconut centre. Be sure that you press the coconut well into the cupcakes; it tends to 'erupt' from the batter while baking!
- 236.59 ml sweet rice flour
- 118.29 ml potato starch
- 118.29 ml light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml cocoa
- 14.79 ml gluten free baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml milk
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml whole powdered milk
- 14.79 ml hot water
- 14.79 ml butter
- 0.06-0.13 ml red food coloring
- 0.06-0.13 ml orange food coloring
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- 158.51 ml sweetened dried shredded coconut
- For muffins, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Stir and make a well in center.
- In another bowl, beat eggs slightly.
- Stir in milk and oil; pour into well.
- Stir until JUST moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups.
- For filling, mix milk powder with water, stirring vigourusly to blend well.
- Add butter, coloring, and vanilla; mix.
- Stir in coconut and form into 16 balls.
- Push into top center of each muffin.
- Bake in a preheated 400* oven for 20 to 25 minutes.